Expert on Neck Pain in Lexington Answers Your Questions
Neck pain can be excruciating and may have a significant impact on a patient’s lifestyle because of agonizing and impaired movement. If you face this issue, the Lexington neck pain medical experts at Cornerstone Chiropractic Wellness can help you find relief and restore you back to your usual routine.
What is Neck Pain?
The neck is a complex body part with vertebrae that connect your skull to the top part of your torso. The discs, called cervical discs, act as shock absorbers for the bones in the neck. The bones, together with ligaments and muscles in the neck, act to facilitate the movement of your neck as well as hold up your head.
If something goes awry with any of these structures, you may feel neck pain and/or stiffness. However, the good news is that in most cases, a pain in the neck is just that, and it will resolve on its own in a few days.
What Can Cause Neck Pain?
Your neck pain can be caused by a number of things. A few causes of neck pain include the following:
- Muscle strain: Caused by poor posture, staying in one position for too long, sleeping in an awkward position, or a quick, hard movement
- Injury: Injuries that can cause neck pain most often occur in falls, car accidents, and sports
- Heart attack: This is neck pain accompanied by shortness of breath, sweating, nausea, arm or jaw pain
- Meningitis: An infection that causes inflammation of the tissues surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Fever and headache are other symptoms of this neck pain cause.
How Do You Alleviate Neck Pain?
Before you come for an appointment with our Lexington neck pain expert and chiropractor, there are some things you can do at home to alleviate your neck pain.
- Alternate ice and heat on your neck
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers
- Rest from your usual rigorous activities
- Stretch your neck carefully from side-to-side
- Get a massage
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
Just as there are many causes for neck pain, there are many neck pain treatments. If your at-home neck pain treatments have not worked, the next step is to pay a visit to our chiropractor, the leading Lexington neck pain expert. In order to properly diagnose the cause of your neck pain, the doctor will first give you a complete physical exam and take your medical history. This includes making sure to be as detailed as possible about your symptoms. If you have had any recent injuries, be sure to tell the doctor about those.
How is Neck Pain Diagnosed?
After our expert doctor in neck pain takes your history and examines you, the results may determine the need for further testing. These may include any of the following:
- Blood tests
- CT scans
- MRI scans
- Muscle tests
- Lumbar puncture
Here’s How to Find Relief from Neck Pain in Lexington!
Don’t suffer another minute. Call our clinic todayat 859-253-0038 and make an appointment with the expert in healing neck pain in Lexington. Be sure to ask about our free consultation!