Sciatica Treatment in Lexington, KY
Our Lexington chiropractor and the wellness staff at Cornerstone Chiropractic Wellness, invite residents of Lexington, KY, and the surrounding areas to see us for Sciatica treatment. We provide free consultations for new patients to evaluate your condition and determine the source of your lower back pain. If our Lexington chiropractor, Dr. Shan Twit, determines you are struggling with sciatica, he then develops a treatment plan. Dr. Twit focuses on addressing the reasons for your sciatica and shows you ways to eliminate the source and avoid future sciatica occurrences. Lower back pain and other sciatica symptoms do not have to become a normal part of your routine or limit your ability to enjoy your favorite activities. Let Cornerstone Chiropractic Wellness show you a better, pain-free way.
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
Dr. Twit listens to your concerns and addresses the source of your lower back pain. Although back pain may be your initial signal that something is amiss in your back, you may also experience other sciatica symptoms including:
- Hip pain or buttock pain
- Leg pain
- Leg weakness or numbness
- Pain that increases with rest or mobility
Sciatica is the result of an interference of the sciatic nerve. This nerve leaves the base of your spine and sends signals to your legs. If the nerve encounters interference from muscle strains, slipped vertebrae or herniated discs, the nerve signal flow is interrupted. As a result, you feel pain, weakness, tingling or numbness. This may occur on one side of your back, hips, and legs or it may affect both. Dr. Twit evaluates your condition and determines where the nerve compression is coming from. If a vertebrae is out of alignment, your muscles are unbalanced or a disc has herniated, our sciatica treatment in Lexington includes services such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments- Dr. Twit gently moves the vertebrae into a healthier position that does not compress the sciatic nerve. This positioning also decreases the pressure on the discs so herniated discs move back into their proper place between the vertebrae.
- Lifestyle guidance- our health team shows you how to maintain a healthy posture and avoid straining the sciatic nerve.
- Corrective exercises- exercise helps to improve core strength and maintain spinal flexibility. We ease you into exercise to not aggravate the sciatic nerve, but to support a healthy posture and reduce future incidents.
- Massage therapy- our massage services reduce lower back pain in the muscles, help to restore muscular balance and avoid the formation of scar tissue in your lower back.
Contact our Lexington Chiropractor Today
Residents are encouraged to contact our local Lexington chiropractor for lower back pain relief. Our free consultations for new patients are an easy way to meet Dr. Twit and evaluate your condition to determine if chiropractic care is the best approach for you. We use all natural treatments that alleviate pain and improve your overall health. To learn more or to schedule your consultation, please contact us today at 859-253-0038.