Neck Pain Relief in Lexington, KY
Neck pain and sore neck can prevent you from engaging in everyday activities and can decrease your quality of life. At Cornerstone Chiropractic Wellness in Lexington, we provide services that can help our patients recover from neck pain. Our all natural techniques are safe and gentle, but effective enough for even the worst kind of pain.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
There are many reasons that people experience neck pain in Lexington. Below are some of the most common causes of this problem:
- Text neck - Text neck is a condition that occurs when patients spend long periods of time bending over their mobile devices. Text neck affects the curve of the spine, causing pain, headaches and more.
- Whiplash - Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the muscles and ligaments in the neck develop tiny tears. Whiplash is a common result of car accidents, personal injuries, and occupational injuries.
- Poor ergonomics - The time you spend sitting in chairs without back support or sleeping on bad mattresses can cause a variety of problems, including neck pain and stiffness.
- Disc herniation - Disc herniation is a condition that occurs when the discs between vertebrae become damaged, often as a result of an accident such as a fall.
Your Chiropractor in Lexington Can Help with Neck Pain
At Cornerstone Chiropractic Wellness, your chiropractor in Lexington, we can help treat your neck pain. We use the following techniques to help patients manage their pain and improve their quality of life:
- Spinal adjustment - Spinal adjustment is a technique we use to realign the vertebrae and reduce pressure on the spinal cord. Spinal adjustment helps improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body, thus facilitating healing in the neck and other painful parts of the body. In addition, spinal adjustment can reduce inflammation and improve flexibility in areas of the body that had previously experienced stiffness.
- Massage therapy - Massage therapy is a technique we use to improve circulation to damaged parts of the body and reduce patient stress. Massage therapy is an especially effective technique for patients who experience neck pain as a result of anxiety.
- Stretches and exercises - Regular stretches and exercise help improve range of motion and increase muscle strength. We teach our patients to do stretches and exercises at home to help with the healing process.
- Lifestyle advice - For patients who experience neck pain and stiff neck as a result of ergonomic problems and text neck, lifestyle advice can help.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
Chiropractic care is all natural and non-invasive. We don’t prescribe addictive medications, but instead, facilitate healing by treating pain at its source. Our methods of treatment are safe enough for the youngest and oldest patients. In fact, chiropractic care is for everybody!
Contact Your Lexington Chiropractor
As your local chiropractor, we offer all natural neck pain relief to patients in Lexington. Contact us today at 859-253-0038 for an appointment. We look forward to meeting with you!