Auto Accident Injuries & Whiplash Treatment at Your Lexington Chiropractor
Auto accident injuries can make life difficult after an accident occurs. Living with pain can reduce your quality of life and can also make it difficult to perform everyday tasks. As your Lexington chiropractor, we understand the difficulties that car accident victims face. Using gentle chiropractic treatment, we can help patients recover from auto accident injury.
Common Auto Accident Injuries in Lexington
There are many different types of auto accident injuries. At Cornerstone Chiropractic Wellness, we provide treatment for auto accident injuries in Lexington. Some of the most common injury types we treat include:
- Herniated disc. Herniated disc is a condition that occurs when the spongy disc between the vertebrae becomes damaged.
- Seat belt injury. Seat belt injury can cause muscle pain and bruising.
- Concussion. A concussion is an injury that affects the brain.
Whiplash Symptoms and Cause
Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the head is whipped hard forward or backward, causing tiny tears in the muscles and ligaments of the neck. This is a common injury that people experience as a result of rear impact auto accidents. Whiplash is characterized by a variety of symptoms including:
- Blurry vision
- Muscle stiffness
- Muscle pain
- Limited range of motion
Chiropractic Treatment and Whiplash Treatment
At Cornerstone Chiropractic Wellness, we help patients manage their pain and recover from their auto accident injury with the following techniques:
- Spinal adjustment. During the spinal adjustment process, we realign the vertebrae and improve the functioning of the central nervous system to help the patient’s body heal.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy loosens tight muscles and improves circulation to speed the healing process.
- Corrective exercises. Our corrective exercises improve range of motion for our patients and help them regain their strength after an accident occurs.
- Lifestyle advice. We provide lifestyle advice that can help patients avoid exacerbating their condition. Our lifestyle advice can also help patients heal.
Chiropractic care has many benefits. Unlike pain medications, which simply masks symptoms of injuries, chiropractic care treats car accident injury at its source. In other words, seeing the chiropractor can help you feel better and can help you heal.
Unlike surgery, which requires a recovery time, chiropractic care involves no recovery time at all. Finally, chiropractic care works by helping the body to function better overall. This means that seeing the chiropractor for an auto accident injury could ultimately result in your body functioning better and feeling better than it did even before the accident.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Lexington, KY
As your chiropractor in Lexington, KY, we provide treatment for conditions like whiplash, seat-belt injury, herniated disc, and concussion. Our all natural, gentle chiropractic treatments can help patients heal without the use of addictive pain medications and without invasive surgeries. For an appointment at Cornerstone Chiropractic Wellness, contact us at 859-253-0038!